This article will walk you through how to delete a contact record and some common reasons why you may not be able to delete a contact record.
Deleting a Contact
- Start by searching for the contact in the search bar (top right of your Actionstep page).
- Once you have the contact record open click "Edit"
- If the delete button is red click "Delete"
- If the delete button is greyed out, Hover over the '?' button and this will tell you why you cannot delete the contact.
Reasons you may not be able to delete the contact
- If the contact is a party on a matter/s - you will need to go into each of the matters listed and remove the contact from the matter. Once this is done you can go back into the contact record hit refresh and click delete. To do this:
1. Click on "Parties"
2. Click on the view menu
3. Click on "Remove Party"
- If the contact has accounting transactions - once a contact is linked to any Accounting record, you are unable to delete this contact even if you remove all the accounting records.
1. Enter 'zzz' in front of their name
2. Click "Save" and this contact record will no longer come up.
Please sign in to leave a comment.