This article will walk you through how to edit a contact.
- Start by clicking on the search bar at the top right of your Actionstep home page and entering the name of the contact that you want to edit.
- Click on the "Edit" button
- Edit or add any of the fields on this screen (this is the same screen as the create contact screen.)
- When you are finished editing the contact click on the green "Save" button.
I need to edit a contact (name spelled incorrectly), and my system won't let me edit. Why?
In order to edit a contact, you need to get to the contact record from the contacts list (or the search box), not from the matter.
This is to prevent a user from changing the name of a contact in a matter when they have added the incorrect contact to a matter. Previously we had issues where users would change the name (thus affecting every instance of that contact record), rather than removing the contact and adding a new one.
I'm unable to delete a contact record. Why?
All data is saved against a contact record. If you have used the contact record in any billing transactions, matters, etc. you cannot delete the contact record.
For more information on this subject, please see our article on deleting contacts.
How do you load a picture to a contact?
To set a profile image for a contact:
- Open up the contact record
- Click on the placeholder image at the top left of the screen (if replacing an existing one, click on the existing image)
- Select the image from your computer
- Click "Save" and there you have it
This also works for replacing existing profile images.
Please sign in to leave a comment.