There may be times when a client's email needs to be updated for the Client Portal. This article details how to make that change.
Updating the contact
Before you make any changes to your client's portal access you'll want to change the email associated with your client's contact. You can find more information on editing contacts by viewing our Editing Contacts user guide article.
Disabling all portal access
In order to change the email associated with a client's portal login, you must first disable all portal access for each matter.
To view a comprehensive list of the matters your client has access to:
- Select your client's contact
- Mouse over the Portal tab, and select "Portal Access list"
Here you will see a list of all of the matters your client has ever had access to.
- Now select the button labeled "Revoke ALL Access"
That's it! Now you'll see that all the matters which had "Yes" under the "HAS ACCESS" column now say "No".
Re-enable access as needed
Now you'll need to re-enable portal access by matter.
To do this:
- Select the matter name from your matter list.
- Navigate to the client portal tab and select the Portal Access client checkbox.
- You'll now be able to edit the client's email address. Make sure you hit save! Repeat this process for all applicable matters.
Please sign in to leave a comment.